Remember the days of camera’s film that are used to store photos. When accidentally opening the camera meant that you lost all the pictures you shot? Thankfully, digital photography and the era of camera’s memory card put an end to those worries. Memory cards are available in an amazing range of gigabytes nowadays and they cost just a few dollars. Memory cards are extremely fast, tens of megabytes per second and sometimes even more i.e. 100MB/s are transferred is a very common capability of memory cards. Memory cards do not have any internal moving parts contrary to hard disk drives instead, they use flash memory to store data. Flash memory is a non-volatile memory that can be electrically erased and reprogrammed. But, an occasional but recurring problem with the memory card is human error!!!
You might have accidentally pressed the wrong button on your digital camera and deleted all the files including essential digital images that you had stored on the memory card. You thought that you had selected only one file to delete. But, the not so nimble fingers of you have worked in preprogrammed mode i.e. far faster than your brain!!!! The net result is, the entire memory card wiped out!!! Did those files get deleted permanently?? Absolutely not!! If the worst happens and you have accidentally erased the contents of your memory card then there is still hope for you to recover deleted files from memory card, songs, videos and other valuable files after permanent deletion.
When you delete files, the name of those files is simply removed from the memory card’s file system. The file system is a directory which contains the name of each and every file and the physical location where each file begins is stored. The deleted files are still physically exist on the memory card. Just be sure not to use the affected memory card to capture any more photos or for any use that writes the new data over that card. This is because, saving new files over the card may overwrite your precious files that may still present on your memory card.
In order to get back those files, you need data recovery software. Memory card recovery software is one of the best data recovery tools that ignore the memory card’s directory structure listing and search for a file by examining every part of the entire memory card to find your deleted files. This software can easily recover different type of files like audios, videos, photos, documents etc from the memory card. It you have accidentally deleted images from any memory cards like SanDisk SDHC card then you can use this software. This software helps you to restore photos deleted from the SanDisk SDHC card.
Additionally, it also supports different brands of memory cards. If you have lost all your music files from a microSD card, which you use with your cell phone then do not worry!!! This software can easily recover music files from the corrupt microSD card. It can also recover files from accidentally or intentionally formatted memory cards like CF cards, XD cards, MMC and SD cards. This even software supports XD card file recovery. So, if you lost your vital files from your XD card, then without wasting time go for this tool.
Instructions to recover deleted files from digital camera’s memory card
- Download and Install the free version of Memory Card Recovery Software on your system. Connect the memory card to the system, and launch the software by double clicking on the desktop icon. Once the software gets launched, click on "Recover Files" option from the main window. Then, a list of logical and physical disks available in the system are displayed. Now, choose the drive from where deleted & lost files has to be recovered, and click "Scan" button to start the recovery process.
- Now the software scans the selected drive to locate the deleted and lost files. Keep monitoring the scanning screen, and wait till it completes the scanning process.
- Upon the completion of scanning process, a list of recovered files are displayed on the screen. You can view the recovered files in Data View, and File Type View.
- Prior saving the recovered files, you can preview the recovered file by double clicking on the respective file or just by right-clicking on the file, and selecting Preview option.
- At last, if you are satisfied with the tool, and found all your deleted & lost files, then activate the license key of the tool, and save the recovered files at the location of your choice.
Simple Tips: Always recheck the folder or file that you are deleting to make sure that it is not important or the folder does not have important files. Keep a backup of important files so that you can restore when you lose those files by mistake.